|Kaziranga National Park is spread over an area of 430 sq. kms consisting of dense forest, rugged reeds, marshes and shallow pools. Elephant grass grows up to a few meters making it an ideal grazing ground for the famed One HornedRhinoceros.
On arriving at Kaziranga we checked into a jungle resort located in a serene ambience near the National park. Next day early morning we went on an Elephant Safari to the central range of the National Park. Which is predominantly grasslands. Elephants moved in a group through the grazing ground taking us closest we could be to the wild ones. Wildlife to be seen in the central range is Rhinoceros, Herd of wild Asiatic buffalos & Elephants, naughty Languor's and deer's.
We also took a jeep safari to the eastern range of the Park, which is a thick jungle with water bodies making it ideal for watching bird life.
Apart from the ones we could locate. Some of the rare species to be found in Kaziranga are Indian Bison, Swamp Deer, Sambar, Hog Deer, Sloth Bear, Tiger Leopard, Leopard Cat, Jungle Cat, Hog Badger, Capped Langur, Hoolock Gibbon, Jakel, Goose, Hornbill, Adjutant Stork, Ibis, Cormorant, Egret, Heron, Fishing Eagle, and a lot more. A no of migratory Birds can also be seen during winters.
Hours to Visit the Park
- Area of the Park : 430 sq. kms.
- Temperature (deg C): Summer- Max.35, Min.18.3; Winter- Max.24, Min.7.2.
- Rainfall : Heavy in Summer (2300 mms).
- Best Season : November to March.
- Closed Season : Mid-April to Mid-October.
- Languages spoken : Assamese, English
- On Elephant Back: 0500 to 0600 hrs, 0630 to 0730 hrs and 1530 to 1630 hrs.
- By Road : 0800 to 1100 hrs and 1400 to 1630 hrs.
- Full Day Jeep Ride Inside the National Park.
- Elephant Ride to the National Park.
- Trip to Majuli Biggest River Island in the world.
- Full day excursion to Jorhat, Tea Capitalof the world.